Saturday, September 13, 2008
VIP treatment
So I have a bit of a full schedule and every week, I keep getting another teaching gig. I do private or small group English lessons at a bank. It pays better, but it's only 1-2 hours a day. My first group is 3 people who work...I don't even know what department, but they are on the 14th floor of this building and it's just a whole floor of cubicles...and we have class in this little meeting room. I just started another private lesson this week. It was on the 21st floor and when I got off the elevator...it was the top floor...and everything was beautiful with wood and glass everywhere (not like the cubicles.) I saw a sign that said, "The President's Office" The president of all the Caixa banks in the world!!! I was sure that I was in the wrong place, but then one of the receptionists asked if I was Tanya and led me through this beautiful hallway to a giant board room with a huge wooden boardroom table and windows with a view of the city. She explained that Danyel (my student) was the top adviser to the president. Then she brought me into a smaller boardroom. I met Danyel. He doesn't speak a word of English and last week the president told him that he needs to learn English in 4 months!! So that's quite a challenge. Then, during the lesson these guys in bow ties would come in and offer coffee or water, in this beautiful tea service tray....anyway, long story short, it was total VIP treatment, and obviously this Danyel guy is really important, and I am teaching him English.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment