Monday, September 15, 2008

Spring



Well, Spring is coming and there is evidence of it all over the city. The trees are beginning to bloom and it is so beautiful and unique because they are all tropical plants. It's amazing to me that they even know that spring is here because it has only rained once in 4 months, and it wasn't a very heavy rain. Near where I work there is a billboard that has the weather every day. And since I have been here, every day it says the same thing. It has a picture of a big sun (meaning that it will be sunny and this is always true) and it is 24 degrees, (which is 75 in fahrenheit). Everyday it is the same. And how do these trees know that it is spring and not fall?
Anyway, Kelly and I talk about the rain everyday. Rainy season (the spring and summer) is suppose to be coming soon, and we can't wait until it starts raining. Apparently the rain makes it cooler also. I has been so unbarably hot lately, it is very difficult to sleep, and we don't have an air conditioner or even a fan....and this is the winter. The spring is suppose to be cooler because of the rain, but I don't even want to think what the summer (January) would be like.
Also, I am a little curious as to how this city functions during rainy season. There is so much dirt and dust around, it must all just turn into mud. Everything is dirty...even the trees and bushes are covered with dust. I think the rain will clean everything up a bit. Also, it is so dry, everything is brown. Perhaps the rain will give the landscape some green. It's funny. I would never think that we would talk about the weather so much in a place that really doesn't have any weather...by we are waiting with anticipation for the first really signs of rainy season. I hope all of you in the Northern Hemisphere are looking forward to fall. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.