So it turns out that the strike this year is a "weak strike." Usually it is a lot stronger. It isn't over yet, but hardly anyone is showing up to strike. Most of the strikers just stay home, and many of the union worker are returning to work inspite of the strike. One of my friends works at another Caixa building and when I asked him about it he said, "yes, I was suppose to strike, but I have big project that I need to work on." So, I haven't actually had too much trouble getting in, but it has been a little intimidating, nothing that I can't handle though. Here are some pictures of the strike on Friday. As you can see there aren't too many people there. The men and women in uniform are the Caixa security guards who are suppose to be keeping the empolyees trying to enter...I was told however, that if the strikers get violent, the guards just make sure that no one get hit twice. Anyway, as you can see, there are more guards than strikers.
On Thursday, there was a live band under that tent, and a few people were kicking around a soccer ball in the space in front. I think Friday that all just decided to stay home though. However, the do have a DJ who pumps really loud obnoxious music out of there speakers.
No comments:
Post a Comment