Today started like any other ordinary day...I took the bus into Brasilia and started walking down the hill towards the Caixa building. I noticed almost immediately that it was quite...usually their is loud blaring music starting at the crack of dawn, so that the whole neighborhood knows that there is a strike...and there are air horns...and occationally some announcement over a loud speaker...but today it was quiet...maybe it is still early...or maybe...sure enough, when I turned to corner there was no one in front of the building...no Caixa security guards...no one holding signs or passing out flyers...nothing. It was completely silent. So the strike is over.
I went up to the 14 floor...and it was bustling with people. For the past few weeks it has been like a ghost town inside the building...but today was everyone's first day back so they were all chatting and pretending to start working again. Apparently they ended up getting an 8.5% raise, and some other benefits that I didn't completely understand.
So...that's over...until next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment