Monday, November 10, 2008
Guara II, QE 38
Block 38, where we live, is known as the poorer part of Guara II...which suits us just fine as we were able to get a pretty big sized house for relatively cheap. Some of the poorer people in the area can't afford cars...but need to transport heavey loads daily...so they do what anyone in their position would do, they get a horse.
Although it is not uncommon to see a horse and cart around Guara, especially in our neighborhood, it still strikes me as add.
We are not in the country. There are no farms nearby...I'm not even sure where these horses are kept...probably in the garage. So every once in a while a horse and cart will trout down the road, right through cars and buses and whatever else is in the way. They obey all the traffic signs and don't seem to be bothered my the speed bumps much. Last week I was walking to my bus stop and I heard a horse approaching from behind. I turned to noticed that it was not attached to a cart, and it was actually completely unrestrained. This is unusual. And what is more unusual is that I noticed a little sound from behind it, and sure enough, there was a tiny baby following along.
It really was pretty neat to be walking to work, dodging motorcyles and automobiles, and then to bump into a little horse family, minding their own business on this city street.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It looks as though the horse was hobbled. This means the front legs are tied together. It would be able to walk but not run so that the owner could catch it more easily. Cute little one.
Harriet
Post a Comment