The past several weeks have been relatively uneventful. I have been slowly picking up my old tutoring jobs, and aquiring a few new ones. I no longer work at Yes, so my afternoons are free, but I am hoping to fill them up with more private lessons.
On Saturday Leo's mom invited me over to a party she was hosting. She invited mostly her friends from work and all of her family. When I arrived I quickly became a point of interest for nearly everyone there, being that I am American and therefore interesting. Before I knew it I had in one hand a delicious plate of rice and beans and chicken caserole, and different barbecued meats and in the other hand a local Brasilian beer, telling the story of my life and what I was doing in Brasil in my best Portuguese to a small crowd of interested listeners. I actually aquired another student by the end of the party. At some point during the afternoon I was ushered to a table as the dominos were poured out. This version of dominos is quite popular here. I always see old men sitting at tables in the park playing. It is a partner game and my partner tried to explain it to me... but it just didn't make sense... (really, my portuguese isn't that good, not to mention the blaring samba music that made it difficult to hear anyway) but I obviously understood that you were suppose to match a six with a six. So I played the best I could, and either out of my dumb luck or my partners flauless skills... we swept the competition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment